Mō Whatunga Tangata, Whatunga Mātanga
Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand is an initiative designed to support and promote networked approaches to educational professional learning.
The two videos above tell you more.
Connecting educators across Aotearoa-New Zealand
This year a collaborative calendar will connect thousands of educators who will be able to engage in free (and freely given) professional learning events, communities and resources.
Free, connected professional learning
CENZ17 will offer free, online access to regional, national, and global workshops, keynotes, panels, discussions and more. It’s a celebration of how we can support each others’ professional learning in a connected world.
Who can take part ? Ko wai? He aha ai?
Educators, Schools, Kura, Early Childhood Services and other Learning Centres: Whether you want to learn to use digital technologies to connect to other educators beyond your learning environment, or grow the professional learning of others, there will be events for you.
Networked schools, schools, kura, early childhood services and other learning centres, gain hugely from sharing their own practice and learning from others.
Are you an organisation that works with educators, schools, kura, early childhood services and other learning centres, to support professional learning? Then you’ll want to be involved in CENZ
Our Mission / Tā Tātou Kaupapa
The Connected Educator mission is to support educators to thrive in a connected world. We aim to encourage sharing and collaboration centred on learners’ needs and strengths across Aotearoa/New Zealand and global networks.
Connected Educator will provide opportunities for New Zealand educators to lead and collaborate in professional learning across the network. We will support opportunities to network with colleagues and ‘experts’ from New Zealand and around the world at flexible times, places and paces.
Schools that are networked, with educators that are open to change and making practice visible, are more likely to be able to respond to changes in environment and policy going forward”
Through the collaborative design of networked learning spaces we aim to:
- support educators to look at how self-driven learning can be integrated into a cycle of active inquiry into practice
- work with connected educators to engage with research and practice that is centred on students’ needs and strengths
- support educators to collaborate through the common threads of their mahi such as those found in e-learning, research, culturally responsive practice, and inclusive education
- advocate mentorship, reflection, community engagement, empowerment, and collaboration.
Our Goals/ Ā Tātou Whainga
The broad goals of Connected Educator Aotearoa/New Zealand are to:
- Raise the visibility and showcase the benefits of online social learning and collaboration.
- Encourage unconnected educators to get connected and give connected educators more ways to broaden and deepen their personal professional learning.
- Promote the practice of being a “connected educator” as central to what it means to be a member of a profession that demands continual learning and growth.
- Support innovation.
- Encourage more collaboration between organisations and individual educators to create a more seamless, connected education community.
- Encourage and demonstrate best practice of “being connected” with our Māori and Pasifika educators.
Connected Educator in Aotearoa/New Zealand is an initiative of CORE Education and was developed in 2014 in partnership with the U.S.-based CEM team and the Department of Education and Childhood development (DEECD, Victoria, Australia) .
CORE Education is leading Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand 2017. You can contact us as follows:
- For general inquiries, please email us at email@example.com
- Help & FAQs forum in the VLN: Join the group and post your question.
- Message us on Twitter at @ConnectEduNZ
- For queries related to Māori-medium and Pasifika events, contact Te Mako Orzecki: