This calendar details all Connected Educator Aotearoa/NZ event.
You can also add your event here.
- This event has passed.
CHALLENGE: Maths Pirate Challenge 6. Building a Treasure Chest
October 31, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 10:15 am
- Do the Math Pirate Challenge with your class
- Tweet their process & design ideas
- Reflect on four questions & tweet your answers
Questions after the challenge are:
1. What was tricky about the challenge?
2. What would you do differently when you did it again?
3. Who influenced & inspired your ideas?
4. Where is the Maths?
Take Away Message:
- Twitter is an effective tool for local & global collaboration, creativity & change.
- The use of technology in the classroom can assist us to understand the nature & possibilities of teaching & learning
- Students may step towards being producers of knowledge, when students have the opportunity to think, engage and act in different ways.
To Participate You Will Need:
1. A class twitter account
2. A class Interactive white board
3. A huge amount of creativity. If internet connectivity is down the classroom teachers flick out their smart phones & every other device that is able to capture the learning process & student thinking.
- Aim: Building Mathematical Thinking Through Idea Improvement
- Using Twitter: Hook into the world of Maths like a Pirate.
- Experience connecting to classrooms on any deck, anytime, anywhere…
Collaboration, Future-focus / 21st Century skills, Knowledge Building
Early childhood, Primary, Intermediate
Diana-Grace Morris / @MathsPirates