This calendar details all Connected Educator Aotearoa/NZ event.
You can also add your event here.
- This event has passed.
Igniting your imagination in Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko (Pou Hihiko) – Alexandra
November 1 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Brand new to the Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko curriculum content, not sure where to start? Join us for a fun-filled, hands on session to look at practical ideas to get you started. During this session we will look at both device based and unplugged activities, resources and ideas to implement readily with your students.
Session could include:
– Participating in “unplugged” (non-device) and plugged activities suitable to introduce and reinforce concepts across a range of ages and stages
– Coding using a language appropriate for classroom use
– Demystifying jargon
– Exploration of the progress outcomes, what they mean and how they link to what you are already doing
– Planning how to integrate the new and revised DTHM content into your local curriculum
– Opportunities to share and network locally
– Classroom-ready resources, ideas and places to explore to take away
– Familiarisation with the Kia Takatū ā Matihiko online resources
– Exploration of how to scaffold this learning for students
– Experience of how to structure a digital design project for students using an Aotearoa-based design thinking process
– Examples of what students have been doing in this learning area
This meetup will be delivered in English however the content will be really beneficial to kura Māori also. We invite all Māori Medium kaiako to attend as the skills and knowledge covered in these sessions are relevant to Māori Medium contexts.
Ko te reo Pākehā te reo kawe i ēnei hui ā-kaupapa heoi anō he nui tonu te whaihua mō ngā kura arareo Māori. E pōhiritia ana ngā kaiako Arareo Māori kia uru mai kia kitea e koutou te hāngai o ngā pūkenga me ngā mātauranga ka kapia i ngā awheawhe ki nga horopaki ako Arareo Māori.