This calendar details all Connected Educator Aotearoa/NZ event.
You can also add your event here.
- This event has passed.
Ki te Ahikāroa – Taranaki
March 11 @ 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm
Discover more fun and exciting ways to unpack and integrate the new content using authentic contexts into your local curriculum. Experience a range of activities to take away and use across learning areas and levels. Save time and grow your skills and confidence as you meet like minded people and gain fresh ideas.
Session could include:
* Participating in “unplugged” (non-device) and plugged activities suitable to introduce and reinforce concepts across a range of ages and stages
* Coding using a language appropriate for classroom use
* Demystifying jargon
* Exploration of the progress outcomes, what they mean and how they link to what you are already doing
* Planning how to integrate the new and revised DTHM content into your local curriculum
* Opportunities to share and network locally
* Classroom-ready resources, ideas and places to explore to take away
* Familiarisation with the Kia Takatū ā Matihiko online resources including direct links to Ngā Kiriahi group/s
* Exploration of how to scaffold this learning for students
* Experience of how to structure a digital design project for students using an Aotearoa-based design thinking process
* Examples of what students have been doing in this learning area
The meetup will be delivered bilingually and will cater for all participants. We invite all Māori and English Medium kaiako to attend as the skills and knowledge covered in these sessions are relevant to both contexts.
Ko te reo Pākehā te reo kawe i ēnei hui ā-kaupapa heoi anō he nui tonu te whaihua mō ngā kura arareo Māori. E pōhiritia ana ngā kaiako Arareo Māori kia uru mai kia kitea e koutou te hāngai o ngā pūkenga me ngā mātauranga ka kapia i ngā awheawhe ki nga horopaki ako Arareo Māori.