Go on a LEARNZ virtual field trip that looks at Apples as a New Zealand success story while studying STEM topics, Social Studies and much more.
There is a dedicated web site supporting this experience for you and your students.
During this field trip you will:
* visit a Hawke’s Bay orchard to follow how apples are grown and harvested
* take part in selected orchard tasks like apple pruning, spraying, planting, and storage
* go to a facility to follow how apples are handled post-harvest
* get an overview of Integrated Pest Management
* investigate cross-pollination and sticky traps
* gather soil samples to gain an insight into maintaining soil health
* take control of an unmanned aircraft to control codling moth for bioprotection
* visit an agricultural research facility to learn about the latest findings.