Connect your learning environment
Connect your school, kura or early learning services – Whatuhia ō kaimahi / kaiako
Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand offers schools, kura, kaupapa Māori, kura ā-iwi, early childhood services and learning organisations an opportunity to learn how to thrive in digital learning spaces, share stories and collaborate around professional learning online.
Grow digital skills and empower your staff – Whakamanahia ō kaiako, whakakahangia o kaiako
- Share the Starter Kete with your staff throughout October to embed new practices in their inquiries. Trial a technology each day and encourage staff to kickstart their connected learning.
- Toolkit for schools, kura and ECE centres: A guide to weaving the month’s activities into your professional learning.
- Plan an event to showcase your practice – share what you’re already doing in October online in our calendar.
- Explore and join online communities, workshops, webinars and social networking conversations. Pick a path of professional learning from the calendar through the month that aligns to whole staff interest and inquiries.
- Earn recognition through badges and affiliation to the event.
- Taking part? Share your details in this quick form: we’d love to hear from you.
- Spread the word: Part of Connected Educator Aotearoa New Zealand? Share it with the world with our Supporters’ Kete of posters, flyers and tweetable phrases.
“If our goal is to provide the best possible learning opportunities for all New Zealand students, it is not enough to focus on learning within individual professional learning communities. Members of professional learning communities need to contribute to a system-wide focus on shared learning and improvement” (INSTEP, ‘Networks and partnerships’ 2008)